Translate

Thursday, June 11, 2015

A Gun and Forgiveness

What follows is an except from my recently published book
 Inside the Light - Hope and Transformation.  

Suddenly, I saw my head splattered against the window in front of me, the stump of my neck protruding from my body.“Was I dead?” I wondered. I certainly felt no pain. I wasn’t gripped by fear. The peace around me became very steely and the light even brighter.

My thoughts shifted from myself to the boy behind me. “If this kid has killed me, that’s okay. I’m at peace. I’m okay.” I felt no rancor or anger toward him. No bitterness about dying so young. My feeling was quite the opposite, actually. I felt something much greater than compassion.

“If he’s pulled the trigger, will killing me heal the pain that has driven him to this moment? After all, no one who is happy gets up in the morning and says, ‘I think I’ll kill someone today.’”

With that thought came a crackling in the center of my brain. I felt a deep connection with the young gunman. Maybe this is what is meant by “mind-meld”. Whatever had just happened, that young man and I were fused together mentally into one being.

In the next instant, I could feel the iridescent light surrounding us grow more intense, and while I couldn’t see the young man, I knew the light was swaddling him in forgiveness. I could feel his pain and rage evaporate. I was awestruck by the love in the light as it melted away the anger that had brought him to this moment…. (265 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment